NORTHERN SPAIN: FOOD, WINE & WALKING TOUR
Tour at a Glance
|Bilbao, Cangas De Onis, Ribadeo, Vilalba, and more||14 Days / 13 Nights||4 & 5 Star Accommodations|
|All transfers specified included.|
- 13 Nights accommodations in Double or Single Occupancy based on hotels specified in the Lodging section.
- 13 (B): Breakfasts daily except the day of arrival
- 10 (L): Lunches and 9 (D): Dinners with set menus as specified per itinerary (3 courses or more with beverages) based on a mix of traditional restaurants, relaxed casual tapas/pintxos, Innovative Cuisine, even including 2 Michelin-starred restaurants based on the tasting menus of expert chefs. Some of the meals will be in wineries, on cooking classes based on what you have prepared, hotels dining room, etc… You will try a variety of different regional cuisine. Wine will be included at all meals selected to be paired with each meal.
- All Transportation and transfers as specified per itinerary in a fully equipped vehicle (see Transportation section).
- English-Speaking Tour Leader with over 20 years of expertise in the Food & Wine touring of Northern Spain & Portugal (NOTE: The trip will be lead by our co-founder Sean O’Rourke)
- English-Speaking Expert Local Guides in Bilbao, Haro, Peaks of Europe, Oviedo, Ribadeo, A Coruña, and Santiago de Compostela.
- Entrances when with local guides are included in the cost.
- 7 Winery tours visits and tastings in the wine regions of Rioja, Ribeira Sacra, Ribeiro, Rias Baixas and Vinho Verde (Portugal) as specified in itinerary selected by our food & wine specialists. We will meet the winemakers, owners, etc..
- 2 Market visits in A Coruña and Cangas to see the local produce, meats, and seafood.
- 2 Tapa Tours: Coruña and Bilbao
- 1 Asturian village visit to learn and taste the cider and Cabrales blue cheese of the area with a special lunch
- 1 Half-Day Trekking Tour in the Peaks of Europe
- 1 Camino de Santiago del Norte Walk & Lourenza Faba Bean Route walk a portion of the northern way and learn about the Lourenza Valley where they produce the Faba Bean.
- 4 Cooking Classes/Demos: A mix of hands-on and demo cooking classes with local chefs in Bilbao, Lourenza, As Neves and Vigo. Menus will be based on 3-course or more In Bilbao the class will be based on pintxos (small bites/tapas) that the Basque country is famous for.
- 1 Eco-Garden Visit with Chef to pick the ingredients of the show cooking in As Neves.
- Recipes will be given for all dishes that are prepared in our classes.
- 2 Boat Rides: one on the river sil in the Ribeira Sacra wine region for approx. 60mins. The other boat ride will be a 20min. ferry crossing from Vigo to Moaña on the Bay fo Vigo with views of the city and the Cies Islands.
- 1 Farewell Cocktail champagne at our hotel on the evening of our last dinner together.
- Local Taxes.